Friday, May 22, 2009

Jaundiced again

Angela is working hard at getting her legs stronger. She walked several times with the physical therapist and did sitting and standing exercises. She is doing well enough that they signed off on it being OK for her to walk with a nurse or aide or me. I am very glad for that because she won't be getting PT over the long weekend, except what I can do. So, I wrote notes about what she did today and will try to repeat that.

We have a first, tentative idea of when she may be able to go home - possibly the end of next week.

One of the hardest things she'll need to do is go up steps. When we were asked about her steps, I remembered that there were two, but I'd never really paid attention to the configuration, and I told the therapist that I thought they were right together, so that a walker couldn't be placed on one step at a time. When I got back to her house and looked, she has one step up to a 3-foot or so porch, then one step into the house. It will be much easier this way than what I had thought. Another example of God's answering our need before we even knew we needed it!!

Her jaundice appears to have returned, and no one seems to know really why. She'll be having more lab tests tomorrow, and I don't know what treatment may be suggested. She feels fine, with no pain, but her skin itches all over. That may or may not be related. It could be related to her not getting a shower for a while. She asked yesterday and was told she could have one today, but the floor got very busy and no one got showers. She was promised one tomorrow morning. I know it will make her feel better; whether or not it helps the itchiness remains to be seen.

This evening I took her out in her wheelchair to a picnic area just outside the hospital and we ate our supper there. She really likes being outside, and the temperature was just right. We enjoyed it a lot, even though we had to cut it short a bit becasue of mosquitos.

We continue to praise God for her increasing strength.

2 comments:

caspersmom said...

Angela, I am so glad to hear that you are continuing getting better. Your Mom is doing a great job on this blogger. When I do come on I read every one since the last time I made a comment. Looks like you get a few setbacks but you just ignore them then on to recovery. Still praying for your full recovery. I am leaving Tuesday for Michigan for my granddaughter's graduation. Just maybe by the time I get back you will be home again. Take care though and God Bless.

Love,
Monica

paulbgl@yahoo.com said...

teri,
i was able to get your blog from grant & cindy just recently. adelle and i have been keeping angela in our prayers since hearing. we thank God for your dedication and for His healing hands.
love cousin paul & adelle