Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Out with the Foley

One more tube is out, one less thing to get in the way while walking, one more step back to a normal life. Without the catheter, she feels less like a patient and more in control.

More exercising, more walking, more wheeling the wheelchair with her arms. Hemoglobin started to go back up - 8.6 this morning, but so did liver enzymes. Angela has a new doctor today - I think he and the one she had yesterday and last week at Rehab trade off. This one rounds early and I missed him this morning. Tomorrow I'll try to be there at 7:00. This morning he said he wanted her to drink a lot of water today to help with gallbladder function, but nobody told me until around 7:00 this evening, so I didn't particularly encourage it. The staff here are friendly and competent but appear to be overworked. They are always running to someone who needs them, so I'm afraid "little" things like encouraging extra water may get overlooked. Anyway, I really need to see and hear for myself what the doctor wants and be able to ask any questions, so I'll get up early.

God continues to bless us and we continue to be grateful.

No comments: