Monday, June 1, 2009

Very Little Change

I haven't written anything lately because there hasn't been much change in Angela's condition. She is still getting stronger, still jaundiced, still having difficulty with blood sugar control, and still having ankle edema. Actually, her leg edema has worsened. Yesterday, her legs were red and hot, in addition to being swollen, and she was started on antibiotics for cellulitis.

Today, she again showed her independent spirit, deciding that she wasn't going to use a wheelchair or walker but was going to walk by herself. Fortunately her CNA came by and so I didn't have to be the "bad guy". Later, she did take a walk with me and the walker, in spite of her feet being swollen and somewhat painful.

Her doctor has been off for the weekend, and the weekend charge nurse has been trying to figure out the jaundice--she left him a couple of long notes. It doesn't seem certain that it is her gallbladder--too much doesn't fit. I've spent quite some time on the Internet, and I've found lots of information, but getting it to exactly fit her symptoms and labs is much more difficult than I had thought it would be.

Angela's Bible study group came to visit her on Friday evening. They brought flowers, sang songs, had a study from Hebrews, and prayed. She was so blessed by the visit and told them that, Lord willing, she'll be back meeting with them in two weeks.

We continue to thank God for His healing power and grace.

1 comment:

LynnDel said...

Hi Terri - I thought I had been successful at leaving a comment via my cell phone, but apparently it didn't make it, after all. It has been a very long haul for you, hasn't it, and still not over. Are you going to stay there for awhile longer?