Wednesday, May 12, 2010

More small steps

I didn't post Monday because when I got back to Angela's house, her modem/router had died. It was frustrating, but upon a bit of reflection I am glad it happened while I was here and able to get her a new one set up.

Her hepatologist decided he didn't need to see her now but will in San Francisco on the 21st. I was almost hoping he wouldn't need to do the tests since Angela had one of them done at Mercy. But I guess he still needs the biopsy and may want to repeat the right heart catheterization since he's not sure he believes the ones done in Redding.

Angela has been doing well with PT and getting stronger. She got her Foley catheter removed today and the PICC line. She has been having some issues at night with her oxygen saturation rates dropping quite low, in spite of being on the BiPAP. I talked to the night respiratory therapist about it this evening, and he's going to try to find the best BiPAP settings to eliminate that if possible, but he thinks she needs another sleep study. Her pulmonologist said she doesn't - that they can titrate her settings on the hospital BiPAP machine. So we'll see what happens.

God continues to bless us, and we are grateful.

No comments: