Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Slow progress

I didn't post yesterday because I didn't leave until midnight and when I got to Angela's house I went straight to sleep. I stayed so long because she did better with a full face mask on the BiPAP, and the tech didn't want to leave it on her when she was by herself because she wasn't able to take the mask off herself in case of emergency, like if she threw up. She wasn't nauseated and did well until midnight, so he decided he'd leave it on her after that, even without my being there. Today is a much better day so far. She's been changing from BiPAP to high-flow nasal cannula and back and doing fine. She finally got to get up into a chair, and that made her happy and made her Vest percussion treatments easier and presumably more effective. She has even been able to use the commode. Her oxygen needs are still much higher than can be done at home, but otherwise, she is pretty much herself. We're so glad we can know that God is controlling her life and circumstances, and thank you for your continued prayers.

No comments: