Monday, August 6, 2012

Back to the Hospital

This morning, Angela's oxygen saturation rates dropped to the low 60's (They should usually be around 90), and I couldn't get them up even with BiPAP and increasing her oxygen flow to the concentrator's maximum, so I called 911.  She ended up being admitted to the ICU, but is holding her own and seems comfortable.  They will retest her arterial blood gases in the morning - they were pretty bad today - and see where we go from here.  Apparently her lungs aren't happy with her total lack of moving the past two weeks.  They have a lot of crackles, like she needs to cough, and some degree of collapse but apparently no pneumonia.  The BiPAP helps with the oxygen and  CO2, but she can't cough effectively while wearing it. Most of the time she is peaceful, and was even singing a little, but sometimes she seems troubled about not completing what she was given to do, which seems to me something like saving the world.  I try to reassure her, and I think she is hearing me.  Her mental state is still very changeable - sometimes she is her usual self, but more often she is somewhere else.  Sometimes she will answer questions, sometimes she ignores them.  I pray that God will keep His arms around her and give her peace, as well as healing if it is His will.  A friend posted a Bible verse on Facebook today that I really like.  Deut 31:8.  It says: "The Lord himself will go ahead of you. He will be with you. He will never leave you. He'll never desert you. So don't be afraid. Don't lose hope." 

No comments: